This page will be regularly maintained to keep our donors and those seeking food assistance up to date on the latest regarding the COVID-19 crisis in the Durham community.
Sign Up To Support Our Ongoing Food Collection!
To eliminate the extra contact with the food we distribute, PORCH-Durham will not be holding our regular large collections. We are asking individuals and neighborhoods to donate directly to Inter-Faith Food Shuttle or the Parktown Food Hub, We hope to resume regular collections as soon as possible. Please visit our Sign-Up Here and register your Neighborhood (or individual!) to support our partners. Details about time drops and procedures are in the Sign-Up link.
Monetary donations are also requested! You may donate here or mail a check to PORCH-Durham at PO Box 3203 Durham, NC 27715. We will be turning to online purchases to support the cohort of distribution organizations. We will continue purchases of grocery gift cards for non-food agencies who serve children in need, allowing families to shop for themselves during this uncertain time.
- If you are a family in need of assistance please see End Hunger Durham‘s list of open-door pantries at this link and/or reach out to your school or the school social worker for resource information.
- Families may also text FOODNC or COMIDA to 877-877 to get direct messages regarding feeding sites closest to your home.
- Durham Public Schools is halting their feeding sites after Monday, April 6. More information and resources from the DPS District may be found by clicking here.
- Food security organizations are working triple time to get food to families this week and beyond. PORCH-Durham is in regular communication with Durham Public Schools, DPS Foundation, and all the various nonprofit organizations who serve Durham’s children, and we are all working on a unified crisis response.
- PORCH-Durham is a collection organization, and all food donated to PORCH-Durham is immediately passed to other -generally much larger- groups for distribution. We are not a pantry and do not have the capacity to serve individuals.
- Community Volunteer Needs:
- Following us on Facebook and signing up for our newsletter are the best two ways to keep up with the ongoing needs and updates.
Thank you so much for your support! Please check back here for frequent updates. Emails and messages may not be answered individually, as PORCH-Durham is a staff of one. If you are interested in helping please pick one of the pressing needs listed above.