25 hours per week/part-time
Durham, North Carolina
PORCH-Durham was established in 2011 in Durham, North Carolina with the primary mission to provide weekend backpacks of food to students in Durham Public Schools. We have been providing backpacks every weekend of each school year, ever since. In 2013, PORCH-Durham became a Federally recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. PORCH-Durham supports BackPack Buddies programs in 10 local schools, provides non-perishables and fresh fruit to 16 school and community pantries, and partners with several community non-profits to help the greater community.
The PORCH-Durham Program Director is responsible for day-to-day correspondence with donors, coordinators, volunteers, and community liaisons. The Program Director will work from home with flexibility to be present when needed for delivering to school/community pantries, fundraising events, and meeting donors and coordinators. This position will also be responsible for updating and maintaining the PORCH-Durham website and publishing the monthly newsletter and collection reminder. The Program Director will work closely with PORCH-Durham Board of Directors and our community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond to e-mail inquiries
- Update and maintain website
- Create and publish monthly newsletter and collection reminders
- Manage organization’s databases, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Set-up new coordinators – supplies, information, entry into website and spreadsheets
- Respond to monetary or in-kind donations as directed
- Draft, review, edit correspondence as needed
- Work with the Board of Directors to organize fundraising events
- Write grant proposals for ongoing financial stability
- Use Quickbooks to keep track of income and expenditures and prepare financial reports
- Coordinate activities of PORCH-Durham programs
- Other duties as assigned
The Program Director should demonstrate competence in most or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of PORCH-Durham
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of PORCH-Durham and to create new opportunities
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of PORCH-Durham
- Make Decisions: Assess situation to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of PORCH-Durham
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate process and results
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years Non-profit experience preferred
- Valid NC Drivers’ License, insurance, clean driving record, and vehicle required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: Wordpress, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Quickbooks, e-mail, Internet, some knowledge of html is helpful
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Please send resume and cover letter to Durham@porchcommunities.org